The multi-award-winning quintet Goitse, was forged in the white-hot creative crucible of Limerick University’s Irish World Academy. Recently crowned Live Ireland’s ‘Trad group of the Year’, Chicago Irish American News’ ‘Group of the Year’, as well as winning the prestigious ‘Freiburger International Leiter 2016’ award in Germany, they have made a name for themselves as one of the most sought after bands amongst connoisseurs of Irish Traditional music. Their third album, Tall Tales and Misadventures, has received rave reviews as the band continues to take the traditional Irish music scene by storm.
Their distinctive sound lies in the quality of their own compositions interspersed with traditional tunes from Ireland and abroad, which make each set entertaining and unique. Laying the foundations for the music are World and All-Ireland Bodhrán champion Colm Phelan and Conal O’Kane, who is fast making a name for himself as one of the finest guitarists of this generation. The gripping rhythm section sets a powerful drive for the music while the sweet, charismatic voice of Áine Mc Geeney draws audiences into the music in a way very few performers can achieve. Her energetic style of fiddle playing is complimented by 7-time All-Ireland banjo champion James Harvey. His ability to transcend genres, combined with his unparalleled technical ability is a joy to behold. Bridging the gap between melody and accompaniment is the piano and piano accordionist, Tadhg Ó Meachair. The Dublin native is renowned for his unique approach to bass work and accompaniment, while also having picked up national awards for his melody playing. Lace up your dancing shoes and get ready for a night of wonderful music and fast paced fun with Goitse.
*Goitse (Go-with-cha) is an informal Gaelic Irish greeting meaning ‘come here’.
• Black Umfolosi to Embark on North American Tour in February (January 27, 2018)
• Australia's Shane Howard to Perform Western and Northern Dates (January 11, 2018)
• Martin Simpson New Studio Album Released on Topic Records (December 19, 2017)
• A Grammy Nod for Guy Davis! (November 30, 2017)
• Martin Simpson to Tour Canada in October 2019 (November 29, 2017)
• Quartette Christmas Coming to the Maritimes (November 15, 2017)
• Ten Strings And A Goat Skin Touring Central Canada (November 11, 2017)
• Vishtèn Touring Western Canada This Month (November 8, 2017)
• The Young'Uns to Tour Canada in November (October 31, 2017)
• Tony McManus Headed for Western Canada (October 1, 2017)
• England's Moulettes Touring Canada in October (September 23, 2017)
• JMI Signs Wales' Calan! (September 22, 2017)
• Guy Davis to Tour Canada in October/November (September 18, 2017)
• Claire Lynch Returning to Maritimes in October (September 13, 2017)
• Two JMI Artists Included in the Top 50 Guitarists of All Time (July 26, 2017)
• JMI Signs England's The Transports (July 25, 2017)
• Sylvia Tyson and Cowboy Junkies to Headline Kingsville Music Festival (July
• Ten Strings And A Goat Skin to Headline Mammoth Canada Day Show in Thunder Bay (June29, 2017)
• JMI signs Austin's Band of Heathens (June 27, 2017)
• Claire Lynch US and Canadian Summer Dates (June 26, 2017)
• Guy Davis to Tour Western Canada with Fabrizio Poggi in 2018 (June 26, 2017)
• Moulettes Summer Dates (June 20, 2017)
• Young'Uns Canadian and Overseas Summer Dates (June 20, 2017)
• England's "Best Folk Group" to Tour Eastern Canada (June 20, 2017)
See News page for more JMI news.